Wooden Lighthouse Replica Oak Island
You Save : $20 (10.26%)
- SKU: BDWLROAKI
- Availability: In Stock
Category : Amish Handcrafted Wooden Lighthouses
Wooden Lighthouse Size:
Wooden Lighthouse Base:
Interior Lighting 4-12 ft. Models Only (Optional):
Amish Handcrafted Replica Lighthouses Built to Last!
Our wooden lighthouses are replicas of lighthouses around our country!
Oak Island, North Carolina Replicated Wooden Lighthouse
- Our wooden lighthouses are handcrafted from a top quality signboard plywood and painted with an exterior grade paint are built to endure all types of weather conditions. Each replicated lighthouse is a close replica of the original lighthouse up and down the coast of the USA. Each replicated lighthouse is offered in their authentic colors. Optional matching lighthouse bases are available on all lighthouse sizes and give them additional height. All lighthouses come with a standard 25 watt bulb, socket and 8 ft. cord. Optional Dusk to Dawn, Solar Kit, Revolving Beacon, and Interior lighting options available (see below). Proudly made in the USA by skilled Amish craftsmen.
Available in Sizes From 2 ft. to 12 ft.
Approx. Shipping Time 1-2 Weeks
Ships Only To The Continental United States
All Lighthouses 2-6 ft. Ship via UPS Ground, 8-12 ft. Ship via Motor Freight
2' lighthouses have no door or windows, 3' lighthouses have a door but no windows, All other sizes have a door and windows. (Placement of door and windows will vary depending on lighthouse size and design).
* Replicated Oak Island, North Carolina Wooden Lighthouse
* Colors: Light Grey, Black, White
* Handmade of top quality signboard plywood
* Hand-painted with weather resistant exterior grade paint
* Includes lighting with standard 25 watt bulb, socket and 8 ft cord.
* Lighting options available (see below)
* Optional matching lighthouse bases available on all sizes
* Made in the USA by skilled Amish Craftsmen
History of the Oak Island Lighthouse:
Being completed in 1958, the Oak Island Lighthouse is one of the newest lighthouses in the United States. This lighthouse was built when Cape Fear Light (AKA the Skeleton Tower) was demolished. It is made from concrete and stands 153 feet (47 m) tall (with only 148 ft. above the ground) and is anchored by 24 pilings that are 67 ft. deep (10" round and filled with concrete). It replaced the Cape Fear Lighthouse, a steel skeleton lighthouse near Cape Fear on Bald Head Island. (That lighthouse was demolished afterwards to avoid confusion.) The lighthouse marks the mouth of the Cape Fear River, and from 1958 until 1962 it was the brightest lighthouse in the US and second most powerful beacon in the world, only surpassed by a French lighthouse along the English Channel. In 1962 it lost that distinction due to a change in the bulb technology used. The light is 169 feet above the water and can be seen for 16 nautical miles, which is needed to mark the entrance to the Cape Fear River and help ships avoid the dangerous Frying Pan Shoals.
Uses for a Lighthouse
Lawn, Garden, or Patio
- The most popular use of our lighthouses, is simply as nautical decor for the home. Imagine one of these Amish lighthouses sitting on your lawn, garden or patio. The accent lights will generate a warm and cozy feeling every time you spend an evening relaxing on the patio.
Well Head or Sewer Pipe Cover
- Lighthouse replicas are the ideal, attractive solution to covering any and all unsightly obstructions that you may be stuck with in your yard. From well heads to sewer pipes, a lighthouse replica will mask that obtrusive, unappealing object with magnificent color and splendor! Handcrafted with hollow interiors, and available in multiple sizes spanning from two feet to an impressive 17 feet, lighthouse replicas can be set over an immense variety of objects.
Business or Restaurant Attraction
- Amish lighthouse replicas have been sought out by numerous businesses and restaurants as means to attract customers off the streets and into stores. Commonly used along the store-front of seafood restaurants for their nautical charm and resonance, lighthouse replicas are ideal for any beach-front or tourism driven business.
Boat Dock Finder - The 4-6 six foot lighthouse replicas make a boat dock immediately stand out, and with a fully functional revolving light, in the dark you could spot this lighthouse from a mile away! Allow a lighthouse to be your beacon of hope and guide you on your path home after a relaxing sunset cruise with the family.
Each Lighthouse is individually handmade-to-order by Amish craftsmen guaranteeing you a unique, true one-of-a-kind piece. Please allow up to 1-2 weeks for shipping depending on lighthouse size. Ships dimensional oversized. 5 ft and larger size lighthouses with base ship in two boxes. Additional freight may be required depending on order size and destination zone.
Optional Matching Lighthouse Base Available!
(Select at checkout)
Add an exciting feature to your lighthouse with a matching lighthouse base. Bases are available on all lighthouse sizes and give them additional height.
(Select at checkout)
All of our lighthouses come standard with a 25 watt bulb, standard socket and 8 ft. cord at no additional charge. This is the preferred option for a lighthouse that will be in close proximity to living areas, to minimize distraction that a revolving light could present. Interior lighting options are offered below.
Dusk to Dawn Light
- Automatically turns light on at dusk and off in the morning. Don’t want to use a timer or manually turn the lighthouse on? We have the perfect solution – add a dusk to dawn sensor to your light option! Available on all lighthouse sizes.
Solar-Powered Lighting Kit -
LED light with separate ON/OFF switch. Sturdy adjustable ground spike. The solar light option is preferred for lighthouses that will not be placed near an electrical outlet. It is environmentally friendly since it uses the sun, and saves you from tearing up your yard and paying for an expensive installation of electricity to remote places. Available on all lighthouse sizes.
Revolving Light -
The revolving light is a very popular option for those who want to most accurately simulate the effect of many real lighthouses. The revolving light operates by a small motor and system of mirrors to give it a beacon effect. This light uses a 120V, 4 watt bulb. Optional LED bulb available, It revolves at a rate of 36rpm (revolutions per minute) or once every 1 and a half seconds. Fits 3 ft. to 12 ft. lighthouse sizes only
Extra Large Revolving Light -
This option is available only for the 8 and 12 foot lighthouses. It uses a 120V, 35 watt halogen bulb. Optional LED bulb available. The light revolves at a rate of 13rpm (revolutions per minute) or once every 4 and a half seconds. Fits 8 ft and 12 ft. lighthouse sizes only
Additional Base & Lower Tower Window Lighting
You can choose to have the base and lower tower door and windows cut out and interior lighting added for an additional fee. This option is available in both electric and solar models. Please Note:
This option is only available in 4 ft., 5 ft., 6 ft., 8 ft. and 12 ft. lighthouse models. Select option at checkout.